The August 2020 Show is happening!
Working with the fairgrounds, the health department and guidance from the state's NYForward plan, we have developed a plan to be able to host the August Antique Show at the Washington County Fairgrounds.
This will not be just a regular show, though. We have to implement some changes in order to comply with the state's requirements. These are...
- Masks - Everyone, dealers and customers, will be required to wear masks for the whole show. The fairgrounds will have disposable masks for sale at the ticket booth.
- No Big Top Tent - Unfortunately due to the state's guidance, we are not able to put up the big top tent for this show. Dealers that reserved spots in the tent will be given preferential choice for available spots elsewhere in the show.
- Building Layouts - the state requires us to implement one-way shopper traffic in all covered buildings. This will require the installation of physical barriers, signage, and floor markings. Dealer space will likely be affected. Dealers will have the same square footage, but the shape of the space will likely be affected. I will be posting a full description (including diagrams) on the webpage soon.
- Handwashing Stations - the fairgrounds is currently busy installing handwashing stations throughout the grounds.
- Social Distancing - we will be setting up systems to allow for proper social distancing at the ticket lines, food vendor lines, and porter service.
- Dealer Camping - all camping will need to be in the main camping area near the tree line by the parking area. Camping will not be permitted inside the fence. Campers will still have access to bathrooms and showers as usual.
To facilitate one-way foot traffic in the buildings, we will be changing space layouts as such...