Quick update - the show is still on.
However, the state told us that we could not use the Big Top Tent. All dealers with spaces reserved in the tent have been moved to the pole barns or buildings (and sent new confirmation letters).
As a result, our indoor buildings are sold out and we are nearly sold out of pole barn spaces.
With the tent not being there, we have a bunch of outside spaces available.
Working with the fairgrounds, the health department and guidance from the state's NYForward plan, we have developed a plan to be able to host the Antique Show.
This will not be just a regular show, though. We have to implement some changes in order to comply with the state's requirements. These are...
- Masks - Everyone, dealers and customers, will be required to wear masks for the whole show. The fairgrounds will have disposable masks for sale at the ticket booth.
- No Big Top Tent - Unfortunately due to the state's guidance, we are not able to put up the big top tent for this show. Dealers that reserved spots in the tent will be given preferential choice for available spots elsewhere in the show.
- Handwashing Stations - the fairgrounds is currently busy installing handwashing stations throughout the grounds.
- Social Distancing - we will be setting up systems to allow for proper social distancing at the ticket lines, food vendor lines, and porter service.
- Dealer Camping - all camping will need to be in the main camping area near the tree line by the parking area. Camping will not be permitted inside the fence. Campers will still have access to bathrooms and showers as usual.